Site about dermatitis and disorders of the skin structure
Dermatitis — a violation of the skin structure
Dermatitis is the lesion of the skin, that occurs under the influence of biological, chemical or physical factors. The main reasons are heredity, an activity of pathogenic bacteria, stress, allergic reactions, burns, ecology.
Characteristics of the disease
The etiology of dermatitis may be different. It is important to define it correctly. It depends not only on the success of the struggle against the disease but also on the extent of the body damage during the clinical period. With timely treatment, dermatitis can pass without a trace. But bringing it to the neglected state can cause severe complications. It will take a long time to get rid of them because bringing the body homeostasis back to normal is not an easy task.
The main factors for the development of dermatitis
Contact with aggressive household chemicals, inhalation of harmful fumes.
Harmful or cheap cosmetics, perfumery.
Contact with alkalis and acids.
Construction and repair materials, such as glue, putty, paints, enamels, solvents, low-quality artificial coatings, drywall with the addition of toxic substances can lead to dermatitis.
Intolerance of individual drug components.
Abnormal air temperature (severe cold or heat).
Ultraviolet radiation (sunburn).
Injuries to the skin due to the electric current.
Allergies to pollen, animal fur.
The reaction to the bites of ticks, mosquitoes, bees, wasps.
Transferred illness, the presence of chronic ailments.
An activity of harmful microorganisms.
Stressful situations that provoke emotional disturbances.
Difficult living conditions that adversely affect the psyche and nervous system.
Symptoms of the disease
Dermatitis can occur on the face and other parts of the body. It can be recognized by the main clinical signs:
- redness of the skin. If dermatitis is chronic, this symptom may be absent.
- the sensation of burning increase the temperature of the affected areas of the body;
- rash. Its distribution and localization may be different, in accordance with the type of disease;
- during the period of exacerbation, skin formations become weeping;
- the skin becomes coarse in places of formed blisters;
- peeling foci of the disease.
There are several types of dermatitis with specific features, but they are united by common signs: the affected skin area has clear boundaries; with the elimination of the stimulus, the disease recedes. The forms of the disease are acute, subacute and chronic.
Kinds of disease:
- contact dermatitis is a simple form resulting from contact with stimuli;
- allergic dermatitis is a contactless form caused by a reaction to allergens;
- atopic dermatitis is the result of exposure to allergens or genetic heredity, characterized by persistent itching. It can be diagnosed in adults and children;
- seborrheic dermatitis is the result of a violation of the process of sebum production, exposure to fungi.
Types of disease:
Diagnosis of dermatitis
To determine the diagnosis, a medical examination of the condition of the skin is carried out; a study of scales taken from affected areas; allergy, blood testing.
To get rid of dermatitis, it is first necessary to get rid of external irritants first.
Further treatment of dermatitis in adults and children involves the use of local therapy with lotions, baths, ointments, creams. Drug therapy includes the appointment of desensitizing agents, antihistamines, vitamins.
In severe forms of the disease more radical measures are taken, like blood transfusion, intravenous plasma infusion.
An important element of the course of treatment is diet, which is appointed by the doctor individually.