Neurodermatitis — neurogenic etiology, photo, treatment
Neurodermatitis can be caused due to the presence of such factors:
- Physical — through direct mechanical damage to the epithelium (pressure, injury, friction).
- Chemical — contact with objects, which include aggressive elements. This may be clothing, bedding, washing and cleaning products. Some hygiene products whose components are a source of irritation for a person with hypersensitivity.
- Hereditary — the transfer of susceptibility to the disease at the gene level.
- Biological — the presence of pathogenic microbes, viruses, fungi.
Pathologies on the skin against the background of dysfunction of the nervous system are aggravated under the following conditions:
- Malfunctions in the metabolic system.
- The presence of chronic diseases of internal organs, inflammatory processes.
- Weakened immunity.
- Dysfunction of the digestive system.
- Instability of the central nervous system and PNS.
- Excessive loads (physical and intellectual).
- Labor detriment (stress, contact with harmful substances and fumes).
- Passion for bad habits.
- High degree of slagging and intoxication.
- Hereditary symptoms.
In addition to the above reasons, there is a reaction to certain components of pharmacological drugs.
Methods of infection can be associated with the introduction through wounds, provoked by mechanical means (scratching, cuts); dysbacteriosis; intoxication.
By etiology, the disease is divided into exogenous and endogenous origin:
- External factors include physical, chemical, adverse environmental effects.
- Internal factors are a result of pathological processes in the body and heredity.
The disease is classified according to the features of the rash that has arisen:
- Limited — small areas affected.
- Follicular — the spread of lesions on the hair part of the body.
- Linear — affects the limbs, looks like straight lines.
- Diffuse — localized on the elbow bends, on the face.
- Psoriasis Isomorphic — the presence of scales on the head and face.
- Hypertrophic — a rash in the groin area, associated with the pathology of the urogenital system.
Children with weak immunity and unstable nervous system, adults who have had an infectious disease or severe surgery, people prone to neural stress associated with the professional activity or congenital weak nervous system have increased the risk of becoming ill.
Severe pruritus and rash are the main symptoms of neurodermatitis. At the time of disease exacerbation, caused by a nervous breakdown, a burning first appears, then the body itches and begins to peel off. Such manifestations become stronger, provoke insomnia, there are sudden drops in blood pressure. A person becomes irritated, weak, loses weight, appetite disappears. The sequence of thoughts is lost, it is impossible to concentrate, negative emotions dominate.
An important feature in the differentiation of the disease is the fact of the complete disappearance of symptoms while eliminating the causes of a neuropsychological nature.
На фото признаки нервного дерматита на руке у взрослого:
So, we can distinguish a number of ND’ symptoms:
- Blood pressure imbalance.
- The state of lethargy, fatigue, bad mood.
- Inadequate and poor quality sleep.
- The appearance of spots, rashes, vesicles, pustules after experiencing stress.
- Weight loss due to poor appetite.
На фото симптомы нервного дерматита на лице:
The rash can appear on the hands, face, neck and other areas. There are small pimples, reddening spots. Affected areas can increase rapidly. Acne can turn into blisters, which spontaneously burst, resulting in scabs on the skin. Cracks and wounds are not excluded, because a strong itching will force the patient to comb the affected body.
Symptoms in children are the same as in adults. It is worth to say that ND occurs most often in childhood. It may disappear without a trace in the period of sexual development. But this is not always the case. Special attention from parents is necessary in order not to miss the moment when the disease has only subsided for a while and will be able to return again in a complicated form. In this regard, it is required to follow the rules of the child’s body hygiene, and a full diet. To prevent relapse, an important condition is a calm psychological atmosphere in the family.
На фото симптомы дерматита на нервной почве у ребенка:
The difficulty of identifying neurodermatitis lies in the similarity of symptoms with diseases such as fungal mycosis, lymphatic erythroderma, lichen planus, scabies, chronic eczema, and allergic dermatitis. To differentiate neurodermatitis, it is necessary to conduct a complex of diagnostic measures.
After a visual examination of the patient’s body, he is sent to take immunoglobulin E blood tests. If pustules have formed on the affected skin, the pathological particles are gathered to determine the microflora. The doctor states neurodermatitis when identifying high levels of immunoglobulins, defects at the cellular level, reduced levels of T-lymphocytes and excess eosinophils.
The doctor approaches the treatment of neurodermatitis in a complex. Symptomatic treatment and elimination of causes are applied simultaneously. Depending on the cause of ND, medications are prescribed for local and internal use. This includes antihistamines, antiallergic, antibiotic, and hormonal drugs. They are all aimed at eliminating the symptoms in order to alleviate the general condition of the patient.
To effectively treat such a disease, measures are necessary to ensure a normal day regimen, sound sleep, day rests etc. Without all this, recovery is unthinkable, symptomatic therapy will only give a temporary effect. After all, the motive reason will remain and will remind of itself from time to time with another aggravation.
Drug treatment is based on the use of such agents:
- Suprastin, Tavegyl, Quifenadine is prescribed to relieve edema, itching.
- Immunomodulators and other drugs that strengthen the immune system — Thymulin, Tactivinum, Oglufanide, Levamisole, Myelopidum, Cyclosporin.
- Antidepressants or sedatives, like motherwort, valerian extracts, Sedavit.
- Medications for external use of hormones — Celestone, Depo-Medrol, Flucort-N.
- Ketoprofen can be used to stabilize cell membranes.
- For blocking histamine receptors Cyproheptadine is prescribed.
- Drugs of 3 generations are prescribed: Diphenhydramine, Chlorpheniramine, Promethazine (1st generation); Fexofenadine, Terfenadine, Astemizole (2nd generation); Loratadine, Ebastine, Cetirizine (3rd generation).
It is worth noting that the 2nd and 3rd generation drugs are considered safer in terms of side effects on the central nervous system. Also, they have a prolonged effect.
Stage of exacerbation requires an intravenous infusion of calcium gluconate solution (10%) and sodium thiosulfate (30%).
Antibiotics with a wide spectrum of action will be needed when furunculosis appears.
Drugs on a hormonal basis are prescribed only in the most severe cases when exudation appears.
Complexes of vitamins (A, B, E) and minerals are also necessary for a patient with ND.
For external use, boric, tannin or resorcinol lotions are prescribed. Ointments and creams on ichthyol tar or naftalan base are highly effective.
To support the skin in good condition, creams with a moisturizing effect, such as Oilatum, Mustela, Physiogel, are indicated for use.
Sanatorium-resort therapy brings a tremendous effect in fixing the drug treatment. In the conditions of the sanatorium, you can adjust the work of the nervous system, relieve psychological stress, and normalize the daily routine, during which you can have a good rest. And the main thing, which is more real in the conditions of the sanatorium, is the absence of stressful situations, there are no reasons for negative emotions.
The most important element for the successful treatment of the disease is the observance of a special diet, which will exclude products that provoke allergic reactions.
In case of an allergic nature of the disease, it is forbidden to keep flowering houseplants, aquarium fish, birds in the apartment.
It is advisable to abandon the pile carpet, where dust mites accumulate, provoking the exacerbation of skin disease.
Physical procedures will help secure the results obtained from drug therapy. Phototherapy is one of the most effective physiotherapeutic methods (ultraviolet irradiation, quartz treatment, selective therapy). Cryomassage also showed positive results, as did laser irradiation.
At home, you can prepare products that will make the course of treatment more complete. But do not forget to consult a doctor who will correct the choice of traditional medicine.
Curative decoction for healthy skin
The collection contains such plants: chamomile, celandine, burdock, horsetail, birch leaves, mountaineer. A handful of dry herbs is enough, you need to get a decoction from it, by adding 1 cup of hot water, bring to a boil and leave it for no more than an hour. Then strain and use for the treatment of affected areas of the body.
Birch buds for itching
The raw material is mixed with boiling water. Do not set it on fire, just let it brew until it cools. A pressed remedy is suitable for lotions and rubbing of rashes and edemas.
Burdock root potion
Dip a root of a medicinal plant for a quarter of an hour over low heat (1 tablespoon of dry material on a glass of water). After 2 hours, the tincture is ready for ingestion of 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
Sea salt bath
Dissolve 100 g of sea salt in 2 liters of water, mix with warm water in a bath, take it every other day, for no more than half an hour.
To prevent neurodermatitis, doctors strongly recommend paying attention to the childhood eczema and atopic dermatitis. They need to get rid of in a timely manner through comprehensive treatment.
Doctors give useful advice — do not expose your body to hot and cold temperatures or other external aggressive sources.
Those who are prone to neurodermatitis and those who have had it, have to be advised not to wear synthetic clothing. Cloths should be made of natural fibers and have a spacious cut to avoid pressure and friction.
Salts and carbohydrates should not prevail in the diet, they should be minimized.
Do not use water treatments too often.